6 Tips to Get You Healthy and Lean for the Summer
Are you healthy and lean for the summertime? If your answer is “no way” — Live Lethal can help! This article has been timed to be posted when summer is knocking on your door, but you’re likely wondering why we didn’t we share it months ago. Whether you realize it or not, you can make last minute lifestyle changes that will give you results you can feel and see, because it’s never too late to work on your summer bod and transform your life. Here are 6 “eleventh hour” tips to get you healthy and lean for the summer:
1. Clean eating impacts your body shape and boosts your energy level. To start clean eating, eliminate all processed foods and increase your intake of minimally cooked vegetables, fresh organic fruits (sans pesticides), nuts, seeds, and lean, fresh meats. You’ll need the high quality energy delivered by clean eating to get you in the groove of summer exercise fun.
2. Water is the elixir of life, so drink up. Unless you have a medical condition that is causing you to retain water or Aunt Flo is comin’ town, drinking a lot of water should not cause bloating, so please don’t think by drinking fewer fluids you are reshaping your body. Water flushes the toxins out of your body, reduces your cravings for junk food, keeps your muscles hydrated and gives your skin a healthy glow. So, drink 9 8-ounce glasses of pure water per day and avoid guzzling those sugar-packed juices and performance drinks.
3. Eat less more often to create a svelte figure. Your body will process what you eat more efficiently if you eat 5 small meals a day, which will result in a leaner look.
4. Shake it up baby with cold-pressed juices. Shakes are a great way to fill your body with lots of vitamins, nutrients and proteins. Yet, shakes must be made with cold-pressed juices as the cold pressed method retains the highest quality of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, phytonutrients, etc., when compared to juices derived from other processing techniques.
5. Get that body moving. Exercise at least 20 minutes every day. We all have seen the 4 minute concentrated workouts, 8 minute tone-up sessions and 10 minute blast your body exercise regimens. The truth is, while any amount of exercise is better than none, you’re looking for summer body results in a shorter period of time, which requires more effort to burn fat and build muscle.
6. High intensity interval workouts are the way to maximize your exercise routine. An interval workout forces you to use more muscles at the same time compared to straight cardio. This is a whole body approach that gets you jumping, bending and pushing in intense bursts with short rests. Incorporate burpees, plank push-ups, walking and side lunges, mountain climbers, and box jumps to get lean.
Starting a healthy lifestyle routine is hard for everyone. Don’t feel like you are alone on this journey. Live Lethal is here to help! If you need advice on creating a power-packed shake, setting up a workout routine or seeking an encouraging word, comment below or contact Live Lethal today!
Yours for More Confidence, More Often,
About the Author
Kristyn Haster is a Lifestyle Blogger, Weight Loss Trainer and Self-Confidence Coach living in Boulder, Colorado. As Editor of LiveLethal.com (Crazy Confident You) Blog, she helps woman break out of their shells, gain total confidence and fall in love with life again.