5 Tips to Stay Healthy and Fit this Fall
This time of year, your focus on health and fitness goals will be tested by holiday eats, junk food snacking, traveling, shopping for gifts and the treasured time spent with loved ones. To compensate for the time constraints and obstacles you will face this time of year, here are 5 tips to stay healthy and fit this fall:
1. No matter where you travel, you can always get in a high intensity interval training (HIIT) workout. Short bursts of cardio exercise and HIIT are easy to do just about anywhere, so there’s no excuse to skip staying fit while on a trip or staying a family’s home for a holiday.
2. Use your cell phone’s calendar and clock to remind you to work out. With so much do, there is a high likelihood that you will forget to make time for certain tasks; one of which is working out. Set appointments and alarms on your phone to constantly remind you to take time out to exercise.
3. Stash healthy snacks in your car. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – if you have kids or you know you’ll have a busy week ahead with driving from one place to the next, load up your console, purse or diaper bag with healthy snacks.
4. Meal prep, meal prep, meal prep. You may be saying to yourself, “This time of year is so busy that meal prepping just isn’t a possibility.” Too many gifts to buy and out-of-town guests are coming – whatever your excuses, meal prepping will keep you on track with your goals, especially when you are busy.
5. Meditate or practice yoga. If you are stressed out, you may grab comfort food filled with empty calories and fat, because your mind and body craves extra TLC. Clear your mind with guided meditation or yoga, so you can make wise choices about your health.
Planning how to sidestep potential hindrances to your health and fitness goals is the best way to safeguard all the progress you’ve made so far. For more tips and advice on staying healthy despite what life throws at you, read the many essential articles on this website that will give you the confidence you need to succeed!
About the Author
Kristyn Haster is a Lifestyle Blogger, Weight Loss Trainer and Self-Confidence Coach living in Boulder, Colorado. As Editor of LiveLethal.com (Crazy Confident You) Blog, she helps woman break out of their shells, gain total confidence and fall in love with life again.