5 Quick Tips for a Whole New You
Tips to balance your life and achieve your goals come in many shapes and sizes. Some require an entire lifestyle renovation that will take a great deal of time to implement. Others focus on changing one part of your daily routine without recognition that it will affect your life as whole (and not always for the better). The following tips are thoughtful, intuitive, and healthy without dramatically changing your life. It’s time to create a whole new you.
1. Start macro dieting: In a previous article, I introduced “4 Benefits to Macro Diets” that covered why you need to put aside the heavy duty minute nutrient intake calculation and replace it with the basics of eating a balance of protein, carbs and fat. Most people need to simply balance these ingredients to 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat to feel full and stay healthy. You may need a day or 2 to check in with your menu, but your life will be your own instead of the scale and calculator being part of every meal and snack.
2. Add exercise to your life: No, you don’t have to go to the gym for an hour every day. 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes in the afternoon 3-4 days per week will do. You can spend 10 minutes running and 10 minutes doing jumping jacks, burpees, planks and lunges. You can switch it up and watch my videos for even better mini-workouts that respect your time and get you in shape.
3. Get enough sleep: Okay, I don’t want to hear, “It’s easier said than done.” Yes, you should be in bed before 9 p.m. for the most restful sleep. Is that always (or ever) possible? Not for most households, so try to get in 7-8 hours of dreamland and recoup any hours you lost during the week by staying in bed a couple of hours longer on the weekends.
4. Be checked out by your preferred medical professional: Many of us let symptoms and pain go untreated for much longer than is necessary. These conditions and injuries take a toll on the whole you, body and mind. It doesn’t just affect the part that is imbalanced, ill or hurts. Go to a medical professional who specializes in what is ailing you, because in order for a treatment to work you must believe in it and feel comfortable with the approach.
5. Stock your car with the essential foods for on-the-go eating: In a 2 minute video, I explained why you need to be prepared for when you are unprepared, which means stocking your car, purse and bag with healthy snacks that support a whole new you.
A whole new you can be achieved easier than you think. Start with these 5 tips to take a big leap towards breaking through to healthier you!
Yours for More Confidence, More Often,
About the Author
Kristyn Haster is a Lifestyle Blogger, Weight Loss Trainer and Self-Confidence Coach living in Boulder, Colorado. As Editor of LiveLethal.com (Crazy Confident You) Blog, she helps woman break out of their shells, gain total confidence and fall in love with life again.