WAKE UP…..YOUR LIFE IS CALLING!!!!!
While hopping on the treadmill last week this is the conversation I overheard as I pressed start.
“Is this all there is?” “I feel like every day is ground hog day.” “When I wake up I think to myself…. is this really MY life?” “I wake up take care of the kids, go to the gym, run some errands, help the kids with their homework, run the kids to their activities, cook dinner, then zone out with my spouse and binge watch tv, annndddd repeat.”
Whether you’re a stay at home mom and can resonate with this or not, the point is many of us live the same monotonous days, day in and day out. We are zombies in essence, moving through our days with no REAL excitement, pleasure, or love for what is present in our lives. Filling our time with errands, non-pressing tasks, gossip, procrastination, judgement, perfectionism, excuses, drinking, playing small, putting yourself last and giving, giving and giving in order to fill the void that is missing… that void being happiness, purpose, joy, and truly living YOUR best life.
What if instead of accepting……
A job you hate going to everyday
A relationship that is not healthy, supportive or loving
A body that doesn’t give you the energy or strength you need to do the things you want to do
Food that keeps you feeling sick and sluggish
Friends that really aren’t friends
The bullshit stories that keep you from living your BEST LIFE
You started CHANGING THE THINGS YOU CAN NO LONGER ACCEPT?
HOW DIFFERENT WOULD YOUR DAYS, WEEKS, MONTHS, AND YEAR BE?
The truth is you create your own reality. When you accept the things that make you unhappy and unfulfilled, as if it’s your destiny, you are not only operating from a victim mentality, but also from a low level of energy that puts out into the world things like “I’m hurt!” “Feel sorry for me”. And ultimately, the people who you will attract to come to your aid with sympathy and understanding are also ones who are hurting; justifying your wound-based identity. And if you hang around them for too long you’ll stay stuck forever. How depressing.
Ladies! It’s time to WAKE UP!
TO YOUR HAPPINESS
TO YOUR PURPOSE
TO YOUR JOY AND
TO YOUR BEST LIFE
At any point you have the POWER to say this is NOT how I’m going to CHOOSE to live my life.
Here are some steps you can take to begin living YOUR best life!
1. DREAM! No this is not some woo woo step. So many people settle for what is practical rather than what is possible. And I bet practicality is what has gotten you to where you are right now. I want you to really DREAM and write down YOUR vision of an ideal life. Examine and explore all areas of your life (health, relationships, career, finances, etc.).
2. Take those same categories listed above and compare them to your current life. How is your life matching up with the vision you have created? What’s working? What’s not? In what areas would you like to see change? What things are going well?
3. Write down and define your values. What is important to you? What makes you happy? What do you cherish? What does happiness mean to you?
4. Take care of loose ends. What conversations do you need to have in order to bring closure, more peace or happiness to your life? What project(s) need to be finished? What things have you been avoiding that you need to take action on? Do those things!
5. Become a student. Research and learn about the things that would make you feel happier, more passionate, and excited about each day. What are people who have what you want doing? How do they schedule their time? Who do they hang out with? What do they do to improve their health and happiness? What steps have they taken to get to that point in their career? Or whatever it may be…study up!
6. Make a plan and schedule it! What steps do you need to be taking each day, week, and month to get you to where you want to be? (Think about classes you may need to take, mentors you may need to find, networking, finding a gym, meeting new friends, hiring a coach or a therapist to help you work through your blocks, etc.) Then schedule it baby! Think about what very small actions you can take each day to get you to where you want to be. Slow and steady wins the race!
7. Come up with a game plan for when challenges arise. Think about who or what could get in the way of you achieving the things you want most in your life? How can you best work through and overcome those challenges?
8. Rally support. Who can you rely on to push you, motivate you and support you the best throughout your journey? Talk to them about your goals and how they can best support you through this process of change. If you don’t currently know somebody like this, I suggest reaching out to online groups, people in your community, church, gym, etc. to gain support. It takes a tribe!
9. Lean into your faith and have grace. The path to living a happy fulfilling life is not a straight one. There will be bumps and bruises, hard lessons to learn, and maybe some people who will end up leaving your life. And it can be frightening at times. But what I have learned is that there is no way of avoiding pain nor challenges. It’s what you choose in those moments that will either make you fold back into yourself and stay the same or rise above and make you stronger, more resilient, speak up, and use your power to wake up and start LIVING!
Living Lethal is about become powerful and strong in both your mind and body. When you are equipped with confidence, happiness, strength and power nothing can stop you from achieving whatever it is that you want in life. You become lethal to negativity, doubt, criticism, playing small, and anything else that is no longer serving you. We gain courage and strength in numbers. And it’s here at Live Lethal where you can come to gain support, inspiration, motivation and tools necessary for you to start waking up to a life full of abundance, growth, strength, happiness and sooo much more!
About the Author
Kristyn Haster is a Lifestyle Blogger, Weight Loss Trainer and Self-Confidence Coach living in Boulder, Colorado. As Editor of LiveLethal.com (Crazy Confident You) Blog, she helps woman break out of their shells, gain total confidence and fall in love with life again.