5 Visualization Exercises to Help You Achieve Your Goals
Visualizing your dreams coming true and it actually happening may seem like something out of a storybook, but it has happened to many of the most successful people in the world because they understood the power of mental imagery. It’s a trick of the mind that trains you to go after what you want and materialize it. I’m here to tell you it works! It’s not a fantasy or a hokey notion that wastes your energy. You can make the power of visualization work for you, if you honestly believe in it and work for it.
Here’s a short 5-step exercise that will take minutes out of your day while giving you the maximize return for your time:
1. Start imagining your success. Daydreaming is a crucial technique in visualization. You need to see it in your mind to convince yourself you can do it.
2. Become an expert in imagination. The newbies will start out by thinking about their goals for a few seconds, then moving on with their lives. Not you – you need to dream in color, sound and feeling to bring it out of a mere fantasy into the world of real life. Take your time crafting this inner-world of success and your goal will become tangible.
3. Meditate on your success. Sit peacefully and without interruption so you find your center. Living in a state of attachment to what you have now or in a state of stress will not help you move forward to your goals.
4. Use your mind’s repetition to your advantage. You may have noticed that you tend to think the same thoughts repeatedly, especially those that require special attention to remember. There’s a reason your mind performs this process instinctively – it works! Repeat your visualization over and over so the reality of it sticks.
5. Only use it for goals in which you are invested. If it’s a trite or passing fancy, you won’t be able to fool yourself into wanting it. You have to want it with every step you take or you’ll lose your way.
Life will give you what you want, but you have to go after it with steadfast dedication. It’s easy to get bogged down by obstacles in your way, but, with practice, visualization can take you from imagination to reality. Let’s walk down this road together and I’ll give you the tips and strategies you need get everything you want out of life!
Yours for more confidence, more often,
About the Author
Kristyn Haster is a Lifestyle Blogger, Weight Loss Trainer and Self-Confidence Coach living in Boulder, Colorado. As Editor of LiveLethal.com (Crazy Confident You) Blog, she helps woman break out of their shells, gain total confidence and fall in love with life again.